Cote D'Ivoire is a true melting pot of West African culture. It shares culture with its neighbors in the North, West, and East. Ghana, Liberia, Mali and Burkina Faso are all represented in the Ivorian landscape. The capital city Abidjan has always been referred to as the Paris of Africa. It is chic, cosmopolitan with a vibrant nightlife.
In September 2018, we will experience the wonderful culture of the Senoufo people of Cote D'Ivoire. The Senoufo are one of the largest ethnic groups in Cote D'Ivoire. They originally migrated from Mali and Burkina Faso. For years the Senoufo have been sharing their culture around the world. The Senoufo are known for many things including their wooden masks, traditional instruments, dances, traditional fabric and much more. For the first time, Roots to Glory Tours is offering this unique opportunity to travel to Cote D'Ivoire. Our journey will cover Abidjan, Kohrogo and the village of Lataha. Here is more of what we will be experiencing:
1. Learn how they make Shea Butter
2. Learn to make black soap
3. Learn how they make the traditional fabric from Cote D’Ivoire (similar to Kente)
4. Learn how to make and play the traditional musical instrument called the Boloye (made with calabash)
5. Learn the history of Kohrogo and Lataha from the elders
6. Teach elementary school children in Lataha English songs
7. Learn the history and culture of the Senoufo
8. Learn to make a traditional Senoufo dish
9. shopping/beach time
$3200pp from Washington DC to Abidjan includes:
*Roundtrip airfare from Washington DC
*breakfast and dinner each day
*transportation in Cote D'Ivoire
*yellow fever vaccination
A deposit of $500 is due within 7 days of registration. Payments can be sent to Roots to Glory Tours P.O. Box 92, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Any Paypal or Square payments made are subject to 3% fee.
Refunds are issued within 30 days of payment only. The balance of $2,700 must be paid by June 20, 2018.
A payment plan is available, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-429-0804.